is a popular replacement for applications where glass would often be used. Polycarbonate can also be coated to be used as bullet-resistance glass and has been used in banks, cars and fighter jets due to its similarity to glass as well as its intense durability after a coating has been applied. Polycarbonate can also be tinted and used in sunglasses, building, automobiles and other situations where tinting is required. At Plasticut, we often make guards for various machinery and industrial vehicles out of polycarbonate. We also provide a variety of vandal proof-glazing applications, as well as industrial sight glasses. We have also been involved in various prototyping projects for new uses in polycarbonate.
POLYCARBONATE PLASTIC PROPERTIES
- Excellent impact resistance (250 times stronger than glass)
- Very good optical properties
- Can be cold formed in thinner gauges
- Moderate chemical resistance
- Moderate scratch resistance
- Excellent acoustic properties